Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup stick margarine or butter (softened)
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Mix all the cookie ingredients together. This will make a cookie dough.
- Roll into balls and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Flatten down slightly (depending on the thickness you desire).
- Bake at 375° until the tops crackle (about 8-10 minutes) or until desired doneness.
- Cool and then frost (they're also good without the frosting).
- For the frosting, beat cream cheese, margarine, milk and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer on low speed until smooth.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar on low speed, 1 cup at a time, until smooth and spreadable. Frosts one 13 × 9-inch cake generously, or fills and frosts one 8- or 9-inch two-layer cake. Refrigerate any remaining frosting.
I am going to do things a little differently - I hope. Instead of ball cookies, I will put the mix in a ziplock bag and try to pipe them into either a spiral or maybe a lady-finger like line. I haven't decided. I am still trying to decide to use the icing they suggested or use a glaze. I love my mom's kitchen, so I have the itch to bake something :D